Before being ground into a fine powder, Red Horn kratom’s leaves supposedly feature horned edges, which are the source of its unusual name.
Red Horn’s “edge” also seems to extend its properties. Although users generally describe Red Horn as mildly sedating, some have reported that the strain is also somewhat stimulating. Red Horn’s energetic potential seems to distinguish it from most red kratom strains, which tend to be predominantly relaxing.
Unfortunately, Red Horn’s distinctive effects profile also seems to work against it. Users report that the strain isn’t very pain-relieving or euphoric, especially when compared to other red strains. That said, Red Horn’s seemingly mild effects profile could cater to daytime users who might find other red strains too fatiguing.
Red Horn’s duration of effects is likely average or above average for a moderate dose (2.5-5g). It may be nauseating at higher doses (5g+). Due to the ambiguous nature of kratom, Red Horn may often be confused or conflated with Red Maeng Da by suppliers and users. 4.7
- May offer a unique blend of sedation and stimulation
- Potentially mood elevating
- May be adequately pain relieving
- May not provide the pain relief of other red strains
- Milder nature may be underwhelming for some
- Possibly average duration when compared to other red strains