Most users describe Green Thai kratom as moderately euphoric and stimulating. At low to moderate doses (2.5-5g), it can increase one’s mood and energy levels. However, at higher doses (5g+), some users have reported that the strain becomes less stimulating and more sedating. These qualities seem to make Green Thai ideal for daytime or evening use.
Green Thai appears to be somewhat pain-relieving, although it may be less pain-relieving than Red Thai. Its duration of effects may be slightly above average, and it appears to be longer-lasting than White Thai kratom.
Green Thai’s name implies that the strain is grown in Thailand, but this is unlikely. Thailand has prohibited its citizens from growing kratom since 1943, and only recently legalized medical kratom in 2018.
- May increase mood, energy, and focus
- Potentially effective pain relief
- May be longer-lasting than other similar strains
- Could be fatiguing at higher doses
- May not excel in any one area (euphoria, sedation, etc)